Sunday, May 23, 2010

The End of Lost

Something that has been a part of my life for the last 6 years is ending tonight. I find myself excited and also a little sad about it. And yes. It is a TV show. And yes, I need to get an actual life.

Talking about Lost. A show that is watched by millions and one I refused to watch at first. Not sure why or what my stance on it was. But after the first year was over, Rob and I had to see what all the fuss was about. So we bought it on DVD and watched the entire 25 show season in like 3 nights and a weekend. We stayed up til 2 in the morning every night just watching "1" more episode. We were hooked. Started season 2 and it has been running our lives ever since.

So here we are. Tonight is the last show ever. I knew this day would come and really wanted it to so I would know what is going on. Each week I watch and I love every minute of it but find myself more ticked off than the week before and more confused. Each week I tell Rob I am done watching the show because it is so frustrating, yet each week I can't wait for it to come again. But now that the end is near, I find it bittersweet. Will they wrap up the story so all our questions will be answered? And if so, really, do I want to know? Last week after they answered some questions I turned to Rob and told him I am not sure I want to know what is really going on. To that he replied "you are exhausting....and a little crazy" Yes, I know. I hear that from him so much, I figure it is in the running for my tombstone. "Here lies Val. Mother, wife, sister, daughter. Was exhausting and a little crazy. RIP"

No comments:

Post a Comment