Tuesday, May 25, 2010

This is the End, My Friend...The End

So I stayed up until midnight watching the 2 1/2 hour finale of Lost and while I have so many thoughts, feeling and emotions about it, all I really want to say is what an amazing end to an amazing show. And bravo to the writers, actors, etc for making a series finale that was one of the best I have ever seen.

I am not sure it was what everyone expected. It didn't explain each and every mystery that has unfolded over the past 6 years and I never thought it would be so happy about that. What it did was wrap up the island story, bring the amazing characters together in a way that was so beautifully done and remind us this was a story about redemption and love. It made the characters, their relationships, their strengths and their growth the center point. Sure it was a show about an island and its powers, but it was the characters that kept me watching.

I woke up Monday morning with puffy eyes and haven't stopped thinking about it since. I have read many writings and posts about it. I wish I had the ability to write about it but I am positive I could not have done it as eloquently as those that have already have. So I will conclude by saying thank you. Thank you for creating a show that kept us interested and talking. Thinking, laughing, crying, frustrated and mad. And thank you for ending it so...beautifully.

RIP Lost.

1 comment:

  1. Wow...you wrote all of that on a tv show that doesnt even make sense!

    ReplyDelete