Thursday, January 6, 2011

I'm in love with a.....


Frigidaire!

So Christmas night our fridge decided that staying cold was out of its job description. For most people this would be stressful and awful. But I have to say, I was silently happy. I hate our fridge. It came with the house and has been a piece of crap every since we moved in. I spent $400 on the ice maker when we first moved in because it didn't work and it still wasn't fixed after that. I hated that thing. So while Rob was contemplating the money side of it, I was silently screaming in excitement to be able to get a new one.

I happily made a pile of what was food that we had to save and Rob took it to the beer fridge. It wasn't all that bad. He had to drink a few extra beers just to make room but it was a sacrifice he was very willing to make. I also had to take one for the team and finish off the wine that was in the fridge. It was rough. But we did it.

We had already researched them when we first moved in because we were so annoyed with it, but couldn't really justify spending the money when it still worked. So when it quit, we both knew exactly what we wanted.

Well.....mostly. We found an applicance factory that had the LG we wanted. When we went, as we walked in, we fell in love with a Frigidaire 28 cubic foot, bottom freezer, french door, ice maker and water on the outside beauty. It was $1000 cheaper than what we wanted to spend. It was like it was there waiting for us to bring it home. I may have had tears.

We got it 2 days later and my love for it has only grown. It feels weird to be in love with an appliance, but I am. I am sure the honeymoon period will wear off but I hope it isn't soon. Rob even asked me last week if I loved it more than him.....that was hard to answer. But I was honest and said I was 95% sure that I did. :)

I often wonder if this is a product of me being a housewife or if I had a 40 hour a week out of the house job, would I feel the same? I am not sure. But if this is what my life has come to, I am totally ok with it.


1 comment:

  1. It's so pretty! You make me laugh :)
    So, you are 95% sure you love it more than Rob? Or you love Rob 95% more than the fridge?
    -Soph

    ReplyDelete