Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Post that is sure to Jinx me....

So my Princess turned 3 last week. I am not going to lie, if you look back at my previous posts, it is an age I am dreading. The lead up with her, the stories from others, have given me nightmares. Sure she is 3 and looks like a little kid and can potty on her own and brush her teeth and that is great, but the attitude, oh the attitude, is a killer.

So as I brace for 2011, which is sure to be the year of misery for me.

But the funny thing is, it is starting off great! (well great with her, grandparent troubles, well that is another post for another day) For some reason, right after Christmas, it is like something clicked between her and I. I don't know what. But I stayed patient (which is no small feat for me and yes I am patting myself on the back) and tried reasoning. And it actually is working. Maybe not 100% of the time but I would say 85% and that is much better than my 20% average from before.

So today I wake up a new mom, excited for the year and excited that things might actually go better than I thought. I realize I am compromising this entire process by actually speaking about it. That is usually the kiss of death for a good behavior to stay around. But I am going for it. Maybe optimism will help me out now. ha ha

So foolish us moms. Eternal optimists. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment